DIY Holiday Spice Flat White (My Version)

8:21 AM Jo 1 Comments

Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Todays post is how to make a holiday spice flat white from Starbucks! I tried this once and it was pretty good. It's supposed to tasted like mulled wine. My version doesn't have much citrus so it's a bit more just "spicy".

You will need:
1/8th tsp of each: ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves 
Starbucks Christmas Blend Espresso Roast
Milk
Orange zest, peel, or juice (I used orange juice)
Sugar (optional)

First measure and mix your spices; if you wish for a sweeter coffee add in sugar to this mix.
Then you need 2 ristretto shots of the coffee blend.
(There are multiple ways to do this with an espresso machine: grind finer coffee and use the same extraction time, use regular espresso grind and shorten the extraction time, or tamp the coffee ground harder and use the same extraction time. I did the last one; I tamped the grounds down hard let a double shot extract for about 30 seconds.)
Then I mix the spices into the espresso shots.
Steam the milk (however much you want).
Pour the spices and coffee mix into the milk and give it a stir.
Add in a splash of orange juice.
Sprinkle cinnamon on the top if you like and enjoy!

This may not be exactly like Starbuck's new wonderful drink, but it is certainly a holiday spice drink. If you are like me and love spices then you will like this drink.
It can be made in any variation to fit your needs; you could use regular coffee if you choose, or some orange zest, a regular syrup for sweetness, anything really. What mostly makes it a holiday spice is of course the blend of spices.

ENJOY AND HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!




You Might Also Like

1 comment: