January / New Year DIY Decor

12:00 PM Jo 0 Comments

Today's DIY is a fun thing even kids could do!

It is a silver/gold garland with a hand-made 3D snowflake!

You will need:
Gold/Silver Garland (Christmas clearance??!)
Push Pins-to attach to wall
And of course a 3D paper snowflake :
  • White printer paper (or whatever color or type of paper you want really; this is just how I made my version)
  • Gold acrylic paint & paint brush
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Pencil
  • Glue
  • Mini clothes pins *optional
  • Stapler














To make the snowflake I followed this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tmhFQpruyE ; I am going to show you how to turn this snowflake into a decoration for winter.

I used gold acrylic paint on one side of my white paper. I let it dry till it was just a little sticky still, that way when I bent the paper it didn't crinkle, but it would dry hard in the curled position it should be.









To hold the glued parts together while they dried I used mini clothes pins.










After assembling the snowflake, I let it dry completely. Then I used a pushpin at the top and stuck it to the center of my wall. Then I took gold and silver garland and placed it on my wall (with push pins) with the snowflake being in the center.

An alternative to this would be making regular paper snowflakes and pining them or clipping them to the garland as well!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: