HOLIDAY DIY!!

3:40 PM Jo 0 Comments

Holiday Diy!



The Holiday's are approaching fast, only about one month till Christmas! I am going to show you some quick and easy diy's for these upcoming holidays! I have a diy ornament garland, a lighted tinsel (is lighted a word...?), a different take on the usual ornaments in a jar, and a cute jar with pins! Enjoy!


First, for the ornament garland you will need: ornaments, a ruler, scissors, and ribbon.
The ornaments I picked up are Jaclyn Smith 12ct ornaments from kmart. Which are 33% off in store or 50% off online right now!
Side note here... Now, I never shop at Kmart but I happened to be in there today to pick up a Christmas tree that was only $15!!! My mom showed me this amazing deal and now we have a tree for our basement as well as our living room. Who knows, maybe one day I'll have enough space in my bedroom for this 6 foot tree. This tree is actually, surprisingly, really great! It is only 3 parts, so it takes minutes to put together. It looks bare at first but once you spread out the branches it's actually a really nice tree!
By ribbon is from Michael's, from a previous diy
The steps are pretty easy. First measure out how long you want your garland to be, and cut it. Then every 5in tie on an ornament. I put one ornament on at a time and then tied it. I used 8 ornaments. Then I pinned it to my wall with thumb tacks. 2 on each side and 1 in the middle. Now I don't have to go buy $15 garland for my wall! Yay! You could even add to this with tinsel, or letters!



Next, I have the candy jar. This a super east thing to do with things lying around in your Christmas boxes.  To start, I used a glass jar I had, old Bath & Body Works candles work great! I just added one "layer" of small, silver (matte & shiny) ornaments, then topped it off with old sliver tinsel (that was basically falling apart but looks great in a jar). Then I took a small jar, which used to be a small Bath & Body Works candle, and added a couple chocolates to it. I placed the small jar inside the big one and TA-DA! Now you have little munchies while your work or hang out.



These next 2 are very simple, just tips for items you may have in your home.

To create a "lighted tinsel" effect I just took lights with silver wire around them (that I got at a garage sale) and folded the strand in half to have more lights per tinsel. Then I doubled up my tinsel (on sale Jaclyn Smith tinsel from Kmart too) and wrapped it around the lights!! Super cute and easy!


Lastly, the pins in a jar. A couple years ago (or was it last year?) JcPenny gave out holiday pins with codes on the back for deals! I saved every one I got and didn't know what to do with them because they were so cute. So . . . I put them in a jar (with paper in the middle of the jar) and placed a bow around the top! I'll admit I precisely placed each pin so it faced the outside, haha!

THANK YOU, and have a happy Thanksgiving!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: